Monday, April 20, 2009

So, it's Monday. That means another day of cleaning and laundry. And, to top it off, I'm going to start packing. We are moving to Provo in June. I decided that while I clean, I may as well start packing stuff up. I've done the bookcase so far. I hate packing. I don't mind moving. In fact, I actually like moving. I enjoy the change of scenery. A new place to decorate. A new place to paint. A new arrangment of furniture. New walls to look at. A new view from the window. I find it very refreshing. We have been called "gypsies" by many, but don't mind it in the least. Some people are meant to settle into one place and stay for the rest of their lives. I'm sure it has it's bonuses. But, it sounds a little boring to me. We have been married 10 years and this will be our 7th move!!! I does kinda sound like a lot when I say it like that. But, a friend of mine recently blogged that they have been married for 12 years, and moved 18 times! So, I guess we're doing ok. Anyway, back to the packing. I despise the packing. There is always a few piles of things that you never know what to do with it. It's a nice opportunity to dejunk though. Something I also enjoy. I don't mind the unpacking too much. It's fun to pull stuff out that you have been missing for several weeks, or months depending on how soon you packed. Well, enough procrastinating. Back to packing......

2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with that I love moving too it is very refresing I lived in one house all my life growing up as soon as a graduated I got married and moved into my inlaws home, now we are living in some apartments in Bluffdale and we ablsolutly love the change of scenery its alot of fun.I love the change just like you. Sounds like fun. What brings you guys to provo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Gypsie"...I like that :) But I can't believe you've moved that many times! More power to you if it doesn't bother you! I hate having to put together a house again. I can see what you mean about a fresh new start in a new place though. Good luck! Hope things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete